HexaBluMin — a Blu(e) hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 34x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 35x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 36x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 37x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 38x
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Plus there is one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaBluMin: The name indicates that this hexatonality has a blue lower character or the minor third without second and PhrygAeolian upper pitches. It is the equivalent of Phrygian without its minor second or Aeolian without its major second.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), a Reach step leads to a pair of consecutive whole steps. Then comes a half step. Finally a pair of consecutive whole steps leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Minor third, quart, quint, minor sixth, and minor seventh.
- Tetra- and trichords: The lower tetrachord is PentaMin, and the upper is PhrygAeolian.
- Harmonic axes: There is no axis.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North and the East anchor are fully present. The contrasting or South and the West anchor are completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: Two secondary anchors are present, SE and WN. Both further emphasize the fundamental North anchor and the quart, as well as the East anchor.
- Moduation potential: Hexatonalities can facilitate modulations. HexaBluMin may for example help bridge between Phrygian, Aeolian, PhrygBlue, BlueUp, HexaBlue, PentaReg/PentaPhryg, PentaMin/PentaEol, etc.