HexaBluMix — a Blu(e) hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 42x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 43x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 44x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 45x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 46x
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Plus there is one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaBluMix: The name indicates that this hexatonality has a blue lower character or the minor third without second and DorMixolydian upper pitches. It is the equivalent of Dorian without its major second.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), a Reach step leads to a trio of consecutive whole steps. Then comes a half step. Finally a whole step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Minor third, quart, quint, major sixth, and minor seventh.
- Tetra- and trichords: The lower tetrachord is PentaMin, and the upper is DorMixolydian.
- Harmonic axes: There is one axis, which is horizontal, E-W.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North anchor is fully present. The East anchor is partial with its head and only its right leg, and the West anchor with only its head and no legs. The contrasting or South anchor is completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: Two secondary anchors are present, SE and WN. Both emphasize the fundamental or North anchor, with focus on the quart, and the East anchor, one more the North, the other more the East.
- Moduation potential: Hexatonalities can facilitate modulations. HexaBluMix may for example help bridge between Dorian, PhrygDorian, PhrygBlue, BlueMix, HexaBlue, PentaMin/PentaEol, PentaMinLa/PentaBal, etc.