HexaCorMaj — a Core tonality and hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 56x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 57x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 58x
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Plus there is one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaCorMaj: The name indicates that this is a Core and hexatonality with the top being IonLydian. As Core tonality it is cross-anchored and includes all four corners of the sound temple.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), two consecutive Reach steps lead to a half step. Then come two consecutive whole steps. Finally a half step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Minor third, tritone, quint, major sixth, and major seventh.
- Tetrachords: The lower tetrachord is PentaBlue and the upper is IonLydian.
- Harmonic axes: There are two axes, which are vertical and horizontal, N-S and E-W.
- Primary harmonic anchors: All four primary anchors are present with their heads. In addition, besides their heads, the fundamental or North anchor has its right and the contrast or South anchor its left leg.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There are no secondary anchors.
- All four corners of the sound temple. The quint strengthens the fundamental and the major seventh provides a major touch. These two bridge to and anchor in a more common sense of harmony.
- Moduation potential: Hexatonalities can facilitate modulations. HexaCorMaj is closely related to other cross-anchored tonalities, especially ReachUpMaj and PentaCor.