HexaMin — a hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 18x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 19x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 20x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 21x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 22x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 23x
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Plus there is one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaMin: The name indicates that this hexatonality corresponds to AeolDorian with the minor seventh but no sixth. It is the equivalent of Aeolian without its minor sixth or Dorian without its major sixth.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), a whole step leads to a half step and then a pair of consecutive whole steps. Further comes a Reach step. Finally a whole step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Major second, minor third, quart, quint, and minor seventh.
- Tetra- and trichords: The lower tetrachord is AeolDorian, and the upper trichord is PentaMin.
- Harmonic axes: There is no axis.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North anchor is fully present. The East anchor is partial with its head and only its right leg, and the West anchor with its left leg only. The contrasting or South anchor is completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: Three secondary anchors are present, SE, SW, and WN. All three emphasize the fundamental North anchor, two focused on the quart, and one on the quint. Two strengthen the East anchor, and one to a lesser degree the partial West anchor.
- Moduation potential: Hexatonalities can facilitate modulations. HexaMin may for example help bridge between Aeolian, Dorian, MinBlue, HexaBlue, PentaMin/PentaEol, PentaMix/PentaDor, etc.