HexaMixLa — a hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 24x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 25x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 26x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 27x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-08 – 28x
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Plus there is one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaMixLa: The name indicates that this hexatonality corresponds to MixolydIonian with the major sixth but no seventh. It is the equivalent of Mixolydian without its minor seventh or Ionian without its major seventh.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), two consecutive whole steps lead to a half step. Then come again two consecutive whole steps. Finally a Reach step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Major second, major third, quart, quint, and major sixth.
- Tetra- and trichords: The lower tetrachord is MixolydIonian, and the upper trichord is PentaMaj.
- Harmonic axes: There is no axis.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North and the West anchor are fully present. The contrasting or South and the East anchor are completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: Two secondary anchors are present, EN and SW. Both emphasize the fundamental or North anchor, with focus on the quint, and the West anchor, one more the North, the other more the West.
- Moduation potential: Hexatonalities can facilitate modulations. HexaMixLa may for example help bridge between Ionian, Mixolydian, Lydian, PentaMixLa/PentaMixolyd, PentaProLa/PentaIon, etc.