HexaNaTriMix — a hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-11 – 83x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-11 – 84x
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-11 – 85x
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Then there are also two cases with an augmented Reach (spanning four half), three whole, and two half steps, plus one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaNaTriMix: The name indicates that this is a hexatonality based on the first few Na(tural) harmonics. But it jumps over the major second (or third halftone position) to the tritone. And the contrasting addition of the major sixth makes the upper tetrachord DorMixolydian.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), an augmented Reach step spanning over four semitones leads to a whole step. Then comes a half step, a whole, and another half step. Finally a whole step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Major third, tritone, quint, major sixth, and minor seventh.
- Tetrachords: The lower tetrachord is NaTri and the upper is DorMixolydian.
- Harmonic axes: There is one axis, which is tilted, ES-WN.
- Primary harmonic anchors: All four primary anchors are but partially present. The fundamental or North anchor has its head and its right leg. The East anchor has only its right leg. The contrasting or South anchor has only its head. And the West anchor has its head and right leg.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There are no secondary anchors.
- Moduation potential: Hexatonalities can facilitate modulations. HexaNaTriMix is closely related to ReachNaMix, LydDorian/ClusterPro, and other NaTri tonalities like HexaNaTriMin and PentaNa.