HexaProMin — a Pro tonality and hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 58
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 59
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 60
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 61
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Plus there is one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaProMin: The name indicates that this is a hexa- and Pro tonality with the upper tetrachord PhrygAeolian. As Pro tonality, the lower tetra- or trichord is major without the regressive quart. The identifier Pro stands for progressive.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), two consecutive whole steps lead to a Reach step. Then follows a half step. Finally two whole steps lead up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Major second, major third, quint, minor sixth, and minor seventh.
- Tetra- and trichords: The lower tetra- or trichord is PentaMaj and the upper is PhrygAeolian.
- Harmonic axes: There are two axes, EN-WS and ES-WN.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North anchor is partially present, with its head and right leg. The East and West anchors are present without heads but each with both legs. The contrasting or South anchor is completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: One secondary anchor is present, SW. It emphasizes the fundamental North anchor with the quint, and to a lesser degree the West anchor.
- Hexa- to Hepta- and Pentatonality correlation: HexaProMin is equivalent to IonAeolian without quart or to PentaProMin with minor sixth.