TetraNa — a prime Na tonality and tetratonality
Tonalibus 2f-8 penta – 2023-03 – 80
Tonalibus 2f-8 penta – 2023-03 – 81
Tonalibus 2f-8 penta – 2021-09 – 58
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- A tetratonality consists of only four pitches to the octave. Currently this is the only tetratonality in the Tonalibus catalogue. This tonality is exceptionally harmonious as it is made up by the first four natural harmonics. Thus it is the anchor of the Na tonalities.
- TetraNa: The name indicates that this a tetratonality and Na(tural harmonics) tonality.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), an augmented Reach step spanning over four semitones leads to two consecutive regular Reach steps. Then a whole step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Major third, quint, and minor seventh.
- Trichords: The lower trichord is TetraNa and the upper is PentaMin.
- Harmonic axes: There is one axis that is tilted, ES-WN.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North anchor is partially present with its head and right leg. The East and West anchors are partial, with only their right leg each. The contrast or South anchor is completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There are no secondary anchors.
- TetraNa is the entry point to Na tonalities progressions through the whole or part of the sequence of natural harmonics. In the full Na progression or modulation path, secondary harmonics build up from TetraNa towards HeptaNa / LydAeolian. Then the secondary harmonics gradually modulate to tertiaries (or reciprocals) towards NaBal / PhrygIonian and resolve to PentaBal / PentaMinLa. Plus further attractive resolutions are possible earlier, e.g. the short cut from HeptaNa / LydAeolian via IonAeolian to Mixolydian or MajReach. Below are detailed graphical modulation path depictions of these and more such progressions.
Tonalibus 1e-3 tonalities – 2021-08 – 75y
Tonalibus 1e-3 tonalities – 2021-08 – 84y
Tonalibus 1e-3 tonalities – 2021-08 – 85y