CorMaj / LoloReachLyd — a Locor / Cor Reach heptatonality and Core tonality
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 123
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 124
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-02 – 125
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-02 – 126
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 126x
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Reach or harmonic tonality matrix: The octave includes one or exceptionally two (double harmonic) Reach steps (augmented seconds) framed by half steps (or semitones) or exceptionally by a whole and a half step. There are either three whole steps or exceptionally just one. If three of them, they are in most cases either a pair and a single one separated by the third half step, or a trio framed by half steps. Exceptionally though all three whole steps are singles. When a trio of consecutive whole steps, they are preceded or followed by two consecutive half steps. The total number of half steps is three, or exceptionally four with two (double harmonic) Reach steps.
- CorMaj / LoloReachLyd: The first name indicates that this tonality contains all four Core and the upper IonLydian pitches. The second name insinuates that this is the Lydian (partially anchored) version of a LoloReach tonality.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), a Reach step leads to a half plus a whole step. Then follow a half step and two consecutive whole steps. Finally a half step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Minor third, major third, tritone, quint, major sixth, and major seventh.
- Penta- and tetrachords: The lower pentachord is LocorNa and the upper tetrachord is IonLydian.
- Harmonic axes: There are two axes, vertical and horizontal: N-S and E-W.
- Primary harmonic anchors: All four anchors are partially present, the fundamental or North and the West anchor each with their head and right leg, the contrast or South anchor with its head and left leg, and the East anchor with its head only.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There are two secondary anchors, ES and NW. Both strengthen the contrast or South anchor and the West anchor, NW more the former, ES more the latter.
- CorMaj / LoloReachLyd is, as other partially anchored Reach heptatonalities of the subgroup Locor / Cor, characterized by containing the minor and major third, plus also the tritone. Further, it contains all four corners of the sound temple and is thus a Core tonality.