LocorNa / LocorMin — a Locor / Cor Reach heptatonality
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 113
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 114
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 115
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Reach or harmonic tonality matrix: The octave includes one or exceptionally two (double harmonic) Reach steps (augmented seconds) framed by half steps (or semitones) or exceptionally by a whole and a half step. There are either three whole steps or exceptionally just one. If three of them, they are in most cases either a pair and a single one separated by the third half step, or a trio framed by half steps. Exceptionally though all three whole steps are singles. When a trio of consecutive whole steps, they are preceded or followed by two consecutive half steps. The total number of half steps is three, or exceptionally four with two (double harmonic) Reach steps.
- LocorNa / LocorMin: Both names indicate that this tonality contains the lower Core pitches. The first name points to these being combined with initial pitches in the Na(tural) series of harmonics. And the second name shows that the upper tetrachord is minor or PhrygAeolian.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), a Reach step leads to a half plus a whole step. Then follow two consecutive half steps. Finally two consecutive whole steps lead up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Minor third, major third, tritone, quint, minor sixth, and minor seventh.
- Penta- and tetrachords: The lower pentachord is LocorNa and the upper tetrachord is PhrygAeolian.
- Harmonic axes: There are two axes, one vertical and the other tilted: N-S and ES-WN.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The East anchor is fully present. The other anchors are but partially present, the fundamental or North anchor with its head and right leg, the contrast or South anchor only with its head, and the West anchor with its right leg.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There are no secondary anchors.
- LocorNa / LocorMin is, as other partially anchored Reach heptatonalities of the subgroup Locor / Cor, characterized by containing the minor and major third, plus also the tritone.