LoloReachMaj (Ionian #2) — a fully anchored Reach heptatonality
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 47x
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-09 – 35
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-09 – 36
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-09 – 37
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Reach or harmonic tonality matrix: The octave includes one or exceptionally two (double harmonic) Reach steps (augmented seconds) framed by half steps (or semitones) or exceptionally by a whole and a half step. There are either three whole steps or exceptionally just one. If three of them, they are in most cases either a pair and a single one separated by the third half step, or a trio framed by half steps. Exceptionally though all three whole steps are singles. When a trio of consecutive whole steps, they are preceded or followed by two consecutive half steps. The total number of half steps is three, or exceptionally four with two (double harmonic) Reach steps.
- LoloReachMaj: The name indicates that the lower tetrachord is the lowest possible or Lolo version of Reach, and the upper is major or IonLydian.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), a Reach step leads to two consecutive half steps. Then come three consecutive whole steps followed by a half step that leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Augmented second / minor third, major third, quart, quint, major sixth, and major seventh.
- Tetrachords: The lower tetrachord is Lolo and the upper is IonLydian.
- Harmonic axes: There are two axes, one horizontal and the other tilted: E-W and SE-NW.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North anchor is fully present. The West anchor is partially present with its head and right leg, the East anchor with it head, and the contrast or South anchor with its left leg only.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There is one secondary anchor, ES. It strengthens the West and to a lesser degree the contrast or South anchor.
- LoloReachMaj offers a fascinating contrast between the bluesy initial or lowest possible Reach step and the distinct major character of the upper tetrachord.