LoloReachMix — a fully anchored Reach heptatonality
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-11 – 42
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-11 – 43
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-11 – 44
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-11 – 45
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-11 – 46
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Reach or harmonic tonality matrix: The octave includes one or exceptionally two (double harmonic) Reach steps (augmented seconds) framed by half steps (or semitones) or exceptionally by a whole and a half step. There are either three whole steps or exceptionally just one. If three of them, they are in most cases either a pair and a single one separated by the third half step, or a trio framed by half steps. Exceptionally though all three whole steps are singles. When a trio of consecutive whole steps, they are preceded or followed by two consecutive half steps. The total number of half steps is three, or exceptionally four with two (double harmonic) Reach steps.
- LoloReachMix: The name indicates that the lower tetrachord is the lowest possible or Lolo version of Reach, and the upper is DorMixolydian.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), a Reach step leads to two consecutive half steps. Then come two whole steps and a half step. Finally a whole step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Augmented second / minor third, major third, quart, quint, major sixth, and minor seventh.
- Tetrachords: The lower tetrachord is Lolo and the upper is DorMixolydian.
- Harmonic axes: There are two axes, one horizontal and the other tiltled: E-W and ES-WN.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North anchor is fully present. The East and West anchors are partially present, both with their head and right leg only. The contrast or South anchor is completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There are two secondary anchors, SE and WN. They both strengthen the fundamental or North and the East anchors and the quart, one more the North, the other the East.
- LoloReachMix offers a delicate balance with its bluesy initial or lowest possible Reach step and the equalizing character of the upper DorMixolydian tetrachord.