NaUploReach — a Reach heptatonality
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2023-01 – 108
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-09 – 91
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-10 – 94
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-09 – 93
Tonalibus 2b-5 reach – 2021-09 – 94
Scale and sound samples
- Reach or harmonic tonality matrix: The octave includes one or exceptionally two (double harmonic) Reach steps (augmented seconds) framed by half steps (or semitones) or exceptionally by a whole and a half step. There are either three whole steps or exceptionally just one. If three of them, they are in most cases either a pair and a single one separated by the third half step, or a trio framed by half steps. Exceptionally though all three whole steps are singles. When a trio of consecutive whole steps, they are preceded or followed by two consecutive half steps. The total number of half steps is three, or exceptionally four with two (double harmonic) Reach steps.
- NaUploReach: The name indicates that the lower tetrachord is based on the initial sequence of natural harmonics or Lydian, and the upper is the Uplo version of Reach.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), three consecutive whole steps lead to a half step. Then comes a Reach step followed by two consecutive half steps that lead up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Major second, major third, tritone, quint, augmented sixth / minor seventh, and major seventh.
- Penta- and tetrachords: The lower pentachord is Lydian and the upper tertrachord is Uplo.
- Harmonic axes: There are two axes, one vertical and the other tilted: N-S and ES-WN.
- Primary harmonic anchors: All four are but partially present. The fundamental or North anchor has its head and right leg, the contrast or South anchor its head and left leg. The West anchor has both its legs, and the East anchor its right leg only.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: There are two secondary anchors, SW and NW. One strengthens the fundamental or North anchor and quint, the other the contrast or South anchor. Further, both give to a lesser degree some strength to the West.
- NaUploReach is a secondary Na tonality. It does not appear in the full Na tonalities progression, but can be helpful in other related modulation paths.