HexaProMaj — a Pro tonality and hexatonality
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 67
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 68
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 69
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 70
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 71
Tonalibus 2e-7 hexa – 2021-04 – 72
Scale and sound samples
You may enjoy a sound sample or tonality loop as sound mantra for contemplation or meditation, for upliftment and focusing, or simply as soothing background sound for relaxation and regeneration.
- Hexatonality matrix: The octave generally includes one Reach step, four whole steps, and a single half step (or semitone). Two or three (or exceptionally all four) whole steps appear consecutively. Thus there are two pairs of consecutive whole steps or a trio plus a single. They are framed by the half step on one side and the Reach step on the other. Exceptionally there can be two Reach, two whole, and two half steps. Plus there is one case with three Reach and three half steps.
- HexaProMaj: The name indicates that this is a hexa- and Pro tonality with the upper tetrachord IonLydian. As Pro tonality, the lower tetra- or trichord is major without the regressive quart. The identifier Pro stands for progressive.
- Step pattern: Ascending from the fundamental (tonic or Do), two consecutive whole steps lead to a Reach step. Then follows a second pair of consecutive whole steps. Finally a half step leads up to the octave.
- Scale intervals: Major second, major third, quint, major sixth, and major seventh.
- Tetra- and trichords: The lower tetra- or trichord is PentaMaj and the upper is IonLydian.
- Harmonic axes: There are no axes.
- Primary harmonic anchors: The fundamental or North anchor is partially present, with its head and right leg. The West anchor is fully present, while the contrast or South anchor has only its left leg. The East anchor is completely absent.
- Secondary harmonic anchors: Three secondary anchors are present, EN, ES, and SW. Two emphasize the fundamental North anchor with the quint as well as the West anchor, one more the North, the other more the West. The third emphasizes the West anchor and to a lesser degree the contrast or South anchor.
- Hexa- to Hepta- and Pentatonality correlation: HexaProMaj is equivalent to Ionian without quart, Lydian without the tritone, or to PentaProLa/PentaIon with major seventh.